Villa Godi, Piovene Porto Godi
A bit of history
In 1404 the village of Sarmego, along with the entire area of Vicenza, enters the domain of the “Serenissima”. In the same century, the major noble families of Vicenza built splendid villas in their land properties. Not only the villa serve as a summer residence, but it is the administrative center of the property.
Already before the ‘500, on the site of the current Villa Godi, Piovene Porto Godi, there existed a dominical house of the Godi counts. On this building, designed by the architect Vincenzo Scamozzi and commissioned by Count Camillo Godi, the current Villa Piovene was built in 1597. The architectural simplicity that dominates the building does not detract from the majesty of the Fabbrica: this austerity is the search for simplicity desired by the lifestyle of Count Camillo and his father Pietro.
The newly restored villa is an ideal location for wedding receptions, meetings, balls, concerts and exhibitions, with its 180 square meters saloon, its chapel, and 1300 square meters porches. The house is open all year round and offers central heating as well as plenty of room for parking.
A vast park of 25,000 square meters, with secular trees, surrounds the Villa, giving it great charm while leaving plenty of space for outdoor events; the large porticos of the barchessa allow summer meetings.
What they say about us
Write us and we’ll get back to you quickly!